President Bola Tinubu, on Friday, ordered immediate suspension of Mr Godwin Emefiele as governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
In a statement obtained by Push News 24 International, the CBN Governor was suspended following investigation into the affairs of the apex bank.
This was disclosed by Willie Bassey, a Director in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
“This is sequel to the ongoing investigation of his office and the planned reforms in the financial sector of the economy.
“Mr Emefiele has been directed to immediately hand over the affairs of his office to the Deputy Governor (Operations Directorate), who will act as the Central Bank Governor pending the conclusion of investigation and the reforms,” the statement read.
Push News 24 International gathered that the DSS have laid ten allegations against the sacked CBN Governor this includes
1. Funding Unknown gunmen, ESN and IPOB with money he raised for his failed presidential bid last year and funds diverted from government coffers.
2. Mismanagement of Nigeria’s social investment program (NISRAL and the Anchor Borrowers Scheme)
3. Illegall economic crimes of National security dimension
4. Money Laundering
5. Unwholesome activities through proxies6. Round tripping
7. Conferment of financial benefits to self and others
8. Threat to National Security9. Criminal conspiracy to divert government resources
10. Terrorism financing