TINUBU, BIDEN MAKES LIST AS WORLDS MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE, AS FOREIGN MEDIA EXTOLS TINUBU’S VIRTUES
From movie stars and athletes to CEOs and politicians, members of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world for 2023 are forces to be reckoned with.
American magazine, Time, has named President-elect, Bola Tinubu, among the 100 most influential persons across the world in 2023.
Speaking on how Tinubu merited the list, the magazine stated, “Winning an election in Africa’s most populous country is no easy feat. But Nigeria’s newly elected President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has had nearly two decades to prepare.
“Called Jagaban, or “leader of the warriors,” by his supporters, the now 71-year-old ran in a presidential election for the first time this March. His campaign slogan, “It’s my turn,” was a nod to his role as a longtime political power broker.”
Time, further delved into the past how the former Lagos governor fought military regimes to return democracy. Tinubu helped restore the country’s democracy in 1999 after fighting military rule and then served two consecutive terms as governor of Lagos,” it added.
Among top world figures that made the list is the President of the United States, Joe Biden. Also, both Paris Saint-Germain stars of Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe made the list among sportsmen.
Each year our TIME 100 list lets us step back and measure the forces that move us. Which is more powerful, hope or proof? Ambition or altruism? The lessons of the past or the lure of the future? The people we spotlight range from the globally famous to the literally anonymous—we leave it to you to guess the true identity of author Elena Ferrante.
There are world leaders and local activists, artists and athletes, scientists, moguls and a number of people who are running for President of the United States.
One way or another they each embody a breakthrough: they broke the rules, broke the record, broke the silence, broke the boundaries to reveal what we’re capable of. They are seekers, with a fearless willingness to be surprised by what they find.
As Lin-Manuel Miranda, whose musical Hamilton just won the Pulitzer Prize, puts it, “What’s the thing that’s not in the world that should be in the world?
TINUBU’S TEAM PARLEYS WITH THE INTERNATIONAL PRESS IN WASHINGTON DC:
THE NIGERIAN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2023: SEPARATING THE FACTS FROM FICTIONS.
TEXT OF THE PARLEY HELD WITH THE INTERNATIONAL MEDIA AT THE NATIONAL PRESS CENTER, WASHINGTON D.C, UNITED STATES ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12TH, 2023 BY REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PRESIDENT-ELECT, SENATOR BOLA AHMED TINUBU – MR. FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN (CHIEF SPOKESPERSON AND MINISTER OF STATE, LABOUR); MR. SUNDAY DARE (MINISTER OF YOUTH AND SPORTS); MR. AJURI NGELALE (ASST. PRINCIPAL SPOKESPERSON).
(1) It is our pleasure and privilege to welcome you to the National Press Center in Washington D.C for this interactive session on Nigeria’s Presidential Election, 2023. We do not intend to make this a long-winding and boring session, so we shall go straight to the points we intend to make to clear some of the fallacies that have been peddled around the world by the sore losers at the said election.
PREPARATION FOR THE ELECTIONS: A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD
(2) The country’s out-going President, Muhammadu Buhari, signed into law a Bill that seeks to improve our electoral process by introducing technology as a means of accrediting voters at the polling units. This is known as the ELECTORAL ACT, 2022. The opposition and international observers hailed him on this.
(3) There was also complete non-interference in the political process by State institutions. There were no reports of deployment of security agents or State apparati in support of the candidate of the ruling party. In fact, in some instances, the opposition celebrated the fact that our candidate had no support of the Government. These led to well-published reports (albeit false) that the President was not in support of the candidate of his own party.
THE STATE OF THE LEADING PARTIES BEFORE THE ELECTIONS
(4) The ruling party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) controlled 21 out of the 36 States of the country and the FCT before the elections with elected Governors; whilst the main opposition, the People’s Demoratic Party (PDP) had 14 Governors and the All Progressives Grand Alliance had one Governor. The Labour Party had no single Governor or elected official at any level of Government.
(5) About eight months to the elections, the main opposition, the PDP, suffered some major set-backs. Its Vice-Presidential Candidate in 2019, Mr. Peter Obi moved to the Labour Party with his supporters, mainly from his region of origin, the South-East. Another of the Party’s main pillar of support in the North-West, Alhaji Musa Kwakwanso moved to the New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP), taking with him a chunk of the party’s supporters in that region. Five (5) out of the 14 Governors of the PDP, publicly announced they would not be campaigning for or supporting its Presidential Candidate (Alhaji Atiku Abubakar). Meanwhile, the ruling party remained one huge, indivisible entity with no departure of any of its elected officials or public dissent from them. It was in this state of affairs that all the parties went into the elections.
THE ELECTION OF FEBRUARY 25TH, 2023
(6) Contrary to the false outcry by the opposition, the main technological device, Bi-modal Voters Accreditation System (BVAS) did not fail on the election day. All the local and international observers scored the use of BVAS very high, with one local body called YIAGA, working in coalition with the EU and other International Observers, saying it recorded 88% success in all the polling units it monitored. The Nigeria Bar Association also issued its report saying only 8 percent of voters were not satisfied with the process on that day. The portal that the opposition made so much noise about, IREV, is just a viewing portal, which has nothing to do with accreditation or verification of voters or even the counting or recording of votes.
(7) Whilst we hold no brief for the Electoral Commission, it sufficiently explained to Nigerians the next day that the delay in uploading the results to the viewing portal was as a result of a technical glitch. And since the results have since been uploaded eventually, none of the parties have produced their own copies of the result sheets obtained at various polling units that substantially contradicts the results released and announced by the Electoral Commission. Even in their Election Petitions presently before the Court, no such alternative figures have been provided. So, what is all the fuss about?
(8) It is significant to note that some other elections into the Senate and House of Representatives held on the same day, at the same time and with the same personnel. The opposition candidates have since gleefully gone to collect their Certificates of Return for the various seats they won. Why did they not reject the outcome of those elections too and reject their Certificate of Return? This is hypocrisy taken too far.
THE RESULT OF THE ELECTION
(9) On Wednesday, the 1st of March, 2023, the Electoral Commission announced the results as follows:
§ APC – 8,794,726 (36.61%)
§ PDP – 6,984,520 (29.07%)
§ LP – 6,101,533 (25.40%)
§ NNPP – 1,496,687(6.23%)
Other smaller parties scored some negligible figures.
(10) The winner, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu has since collected his Certificate of Return and the Transition Committees are working hard towards a smooth transition.
THE ANALYSES AND CREDIBILITY OF THE RESULTS
(11) Our Constitution requires a Presidential candidate to secure the highest number of votes and score at at least one-quarter of the votes in two-thirds of the States of the Federation which includes the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Only Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu met these requirements especially that of the spread (he scored 25 percent and above in 29 States), even though all 3 top candidates won 12 States each. The candidate of the PDP scored 25% and above in just 21 States, falling short of the 24 States required and the candidate of the Labour Party scored 25% and above in 15 States plus the Federal Capital Territory, making it 16 States. There was just no pathway to victory for these candidates who did not have the requisite national acceptability. So, how tenable is the claim of rigging the elections? We see none
(12) It is significant to note that the elections were so credible that it threw up some upsets in our otherwise settled demography. For the first time, 20 sitting Governors lost their States, mostly those of the ruling party. Seven Governors who sought elections into the Senate failed to scale through. This has never happened in the history of Nigeria. In addition, the President-Elect lost his home State (Lagos State); the sitting President lost his home State (Katsina State); the Director-General of the Campaign lost his home State (Plateau State); the ruling Party Chairman lost his home State (Nassarawa State); the Chairman of the ruling Party’s Governor Forum lost his home State (Kebbi State) and the ruling party lost some of its traditional strong holds like Yobe State, Kaduna State and Kano State. All these go to show that it was a keenly contested election and one of the most credible in our history.
(13) The reports of some irregularities and violence in some polling units could not have affected the overall outcome of the elections too. There are 176,974 polling units in Nigeria and infractions and violence were recorded in less than one percent of these units. How could these have affected the overall results of the elections? Whilst we look forward to an era when there would be no single casualty during elections in Nigeria, however, the statistics show that 2023 recorded the lowest casualty rates ever. During the 1964/65 elections about 200 deaths were recorded as a result of election violence; 1993 election recorded 100 deaths; 1999 election recorded 80 deaths; 2003 polls recorded 100 deaths and 2007 polls recorded 300 deaths. The 2011 polls recorded 800 deaths, the 2015 polls recorded 100 deaths and the 2019 polls recorded 150 deaths. However, the 2023 polls recorded no more than 28 deaths as a result of election violence. So, the claim that this is the “worst” election so far is totally unfounded.
(14) In conclusion, our laws have provided for settled means by which election disputes are resolved. The aggrieved parties have taken advantage of this remedy by filing their cases in Court. We urge them to have faith in our judicial system and desist from spreading false tales about our election across the world.
Meanwhile, arrangements for the handover ceremonies are in full gear. The President-Elect will take his Oath of Office as President of Nigeria on May 29th, 2023. You are all invited.
FESTUS KEYAMO, SAN, FCIArb (UK) For and on behalf of the team
ASIWAJU’S INAUGRATION : NO PROPAGANDA IN WHATEVER PATTERN CAN TRUNCATE IT – PLS
APC stalwart and House of Representatives Candidate for Amuwo Odofin Federal Constituency, Prince Lanre A. Sanusi (PLS) has charged Nigerians to promote peaceful co-existence as we approach the formal transition of power to the President-Elect of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on May 29th, 2023.
In what he describes as extreme politics by all and sundry in the face of reactions that have trailed the outcome of the 2023 Presidential elections, Sanusi indicated that Nigerians choose Asiwaju as reflected by the results released by INEC.
Sanusi made this call on thursday when he received some community stakeholders from Oriade LCDA who paid him a solidarity visit as the election petition tribunal commenced hearings.
Sanuis used the visit to remind Nigerians and indeed Amuwo Odofin Federal Constituency residents that only God can determine the fate of any person including the president-elect Bola Tinubu.
The financial expert equally pointed out that the constitution of Nigeria is superior and above any forms of sentiments, adding that it holds the rules that determine the emergence of anyone vying for any position in the country.
According to PLS, one very important task for the incoming government at this time would be to unite the nation regardless of ethnic affiliations and inclinations.
In his words PLS described Tinubu as a “true democrat and large-hearted politician who sacrificed a lot for Nigeria”.
“Ahmed Tinubu’s commitment and love for the nation and democracy as legendary and inspiring”.
“…his has a pedigree and track records of mentoring, guidance and support for upcoming leaders to accomplish their dreams, Tinubu has written his name in gold in the annals of history and earned for himself, national and global accolades and respect”. Sanusi said.
On the rumored plot about interim governance, a confident Sanusi declared …” Asiwaju has been destined to lead Nigeria to the path of progress and no force in whatever pattern can truncate it”
EASTER: PLS GREETS AMUWO ODOFIN CHRISTIANS, CALLS FOR PRAYERS FOR NIGERIA
APC Chieftain and House of Representative Candidate of the All Progressives Congress Candidate (APC), Prince Lanre Sanusi (PLS) has congratulated Amuwo Odofin Federal Constituency Christians across Nigeria and the world on the successful completion of this year’s 2023 Lent period and the subsequent Good Friday and Easter celebrations which symbolize the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
In a message from his Media Office in FESTAC, Sanusi urged the indigenous people Christians and residents of Amuwo Odofin Federal Constituency to pray for peace, security, sustainable development, and unity in the country as well as among the citizens.
The Awori born Prince urged Christians to return to the teachings of Jesus Christ who as ‘the reason for the season’ represents religious tolerance, peaceful co-existence, good faith, truth, demonstration of the fear of and belief in God, empathy for the less privileged, and patriotism to one’s country.
“It is not just a mere coincidence that while the Lent fasting was on, the Muslim Ramadan also commenced and this translates to a very substantial percentage of the national population fasting in the past two weeks. This is a design by Almighty God to teach us the lesson that no matter how we worship Him, whatever language we adopt in worshipping Him, or what name we call Him, we are all creations of one God.
“Therefore, we should all live, work and aspire together as brothers and sisters in the interest of our dear country, demonstrate the fear of God in all we do, and develop our country for the benefit of all. We should stop allowing religion, ethnicity, or difference in language to divide us. It is time we all bound together to salvage our country and restore her lost glory” Sanusi said
“This Easter period which also coincides with the ongoing Ramadan fasting should be used by Nigerians to pray for their country, to rededicate ourselves to the promotion of national interest above personal interest, ponder about the challenges facing the country, and for each individual to take a vow to be part of the solution to the problems.
“It is my prayer that Almighty God will intervene and heal our country in all areas while also giving us victory over those misguided elements who are waging wars against the country. May the protection of God be on all members of the security agencies who are on the frontlines fighting to defend our country. I wish all our Christian brothers and sisters a happy celebration of Good Friday and Easter”, Sanusi stated.
APC Stalwart and House of Representatives Candidate in the 2023 General elections, Prince Lanre Sanusi (PLS) while eulogising Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on his 71st birthday has said that the President-Elect of Nigeria, who ran on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has the capabilities and is prepared to rekindle the hope of every Nigerian.
“He was poised to be the poster boy to return that dwindling hope of democracy in South West, nay Nigeria as a whole and is now more than ever ready to re-ignite that hope that was partially diminishing in Nigeria’s contemporary political emancipation” PLS said.
“In a move reminiscent of what Late M.K.O Abiola had wanted to do in 1993, and with Asiwaju being a part of that dream, he will surely now take up the task to deliver the HOPE we have all craved and yearned for” Sanusi added.
According to the US trained Financial Expert “From the foregoings, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is stealthily and gradually inching towards rekindling this Big Hope for Nigeria at large and from the events emanating from his election as President-Elect of Nigeria, there are brighter signals and good movements towards making this dream come to pass”.
Sanusi further assured that Asiwaju will bring the experience of his leadership in Lagos State as the Governor, Boardroom guru in the private sector and as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to steer the affairs of country effectively
“While it is an understatement that the country truly needs HOPE after a momentous but yet to manifest time-out with the CHANGE mantra, it is rather plausible for right-thinking people to embrace the RENEWHOPE Agenda once again”.
“The ‘Jagaban Borgu’ is the only real and pragmatic experience which can offer genuine HOPE, and pundits are now coming to the realisation that Asiwaju is the ‘Hope bearer’ and ‘torch-carrier’ to rekindle the country’s coveted Hope. That, in fact, is the ladder to climb to the CHANGE destination. “
Sanusi further advise Nigerians to support Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu towards leading Nigeria to its heights and bounds.
Push News 24 International has observed that ever since Asiwaju has been publicly identified as the torchbearer and game-changing individual of the ruling party with a magic wand, many groups and caucuses have been allying with his ordinate ambition to be the president of Nigeria.
Recall that Push News 24 International reported that Senator Tinubu who is also the National leader of the APC made the promise to rekindle hope while addressing Benue State APC delegates in Makurdi ahead of the Presidential primaries.
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has slammed a fine of N5 million on Channels TV for breaking the broadcasting code in an interview programme with Dr Datti Baba-Ahmed, Labour Party Vice Presidential candidate.
The fine was revealed in a letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of the television station and dated March 27.
The letter was exclusively obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja.
The letter, with the title: “Broadcast of an Inciting Interview, A Sanction”, was signed by Balarabe Ilelah, the commission’s Director-General.
It read in part:” The NBC monitored the broadcast of a live interview of the running mate of the Labour Party Vice presidential candidate, Dr Datti Baba-Ahmed, by the anchor of Politics Today, Seun Okinbaloye, on Wednesday, March 22.
“Dr Baba-Ahmed said it will be unconstitutional to swear in an elected president on May 29, 2023, because of election irregularities,” Ilelah said in the letter.
He noted that the broadcast was volatile and capable of inciting public disorder and therefore violated some sections of the broadcasting code.
This, according to him, includes the section that said no broadcast shall encourage, or incite, be repugnant to public feelings or contain offensive reference to any person or organisation, alive or dead or generally be disrespectful to human dignity.
Ilelah added that according to the broadcasting code, broadcasters shall ensure that no programme contained anything which amounted to subversion of constituted authority.
He recalled that the NBC had engaged Channels Television several times to consider public interest before any programme is broadcast.
This, he said, was to ensure that the country was not plunged into anarchy.
“Consequently, on the following infractions, Channels Television is hereby sanctioned and shall pay a penalty of N5,000,000 (five million naira) only in the first instance,” he said.
He added that any further infraction by the television station would attract higher sanctions.
“You are advised to pay within two weeks from the day of receipt of this letter or the penalty will be graduated,” the NBC Director-General said.
On Thursday the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council petitioned the NBC over the same programme, drawing attention to several violations of the Broadcasting Code.
Senator Oluremi Tinubu has won her Polling Unit 034 at Falomo in Lagos for Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.In the poll results announced at the polling unit, APC polled 66 votes against 21 by the Labour Party and one by the PDP.ADC also got one vote while one vote was declared void by INEC officials.In the House of Assembly election, APC scored 68 votes to defeat Labour Party which polled 20 votes.The PDP scored two votes with one void.
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress and incumbent Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, won the polling unit of the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.The APC candidate polled 43 votes, his closest contender, the Labour Party candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, had five votes, while the National Rescue Movement had one vote.
Meanwhile, there was low turnout of voters at the PU as 50 people voted out of 324 registered voters.
Less than 48 hours to the 2023 governorship election, leader of Lagos chapter of Labour Party have endorsed the State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who will be contesting on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), for a second term, abandoning the LP flagbearer, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour.
They said that their decision to endorse Sanwo-Olu over their party’s authentic governorship candidate was due to the ill-treatment they received from Rhodes-Vivour who was handed the LP ticket.
The leaders stressed that they were not leaving the party but the step was taken to ensure that Labour Party does not make the same mistake that was made during the primaries held recently, and to ensure that the youths were not led into mistakes that could affect their future in the state.
The dozens of members led by the former governorship aspirant, Moshood Salvador, endorsed the APC gubernatorial standard-bearer on Thursday during a meeting held in the Surulere Local Government area of the state.
Aside from Salvador, other leaders of the party that have decided to collapse their structure or Sanwo-Olu were the Director General, Lagos LP campaign council, Shola Taiwo; Deputy Director-General for Lagos East LP campaign council, Akinwande Saheed; House of Representatives candidate for Alimosho Federal Constituency, Oyindolapo Omotayo.
Announcing the leaders’ decision before the Lagos State Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, the LP former governorship aspirant, Salvador, who described the LP candidate as one too young to lead over 20 million people, said that Lagos is too big to go into the hands of rookies.
He stated that residents should vote for those that would do the needful for the development and growth of Lagos considering that the commercial capital o the country remains a big fish that must not fall into wrong hands.
According to him, the economy and well-being of Lagosians cannot be toyed with saying candidates should be voted for based on merit and credibility.
“Lagos must not be given to inexperienced leaders to toy with. Lagos is important to all Nigerians. We are voting for a candidate that has character and quality regardless of party affiliation. And this is the doctrine that we were taught and complying with the directives of the Presidential candidate, Peter Obi”, he added.
He accused the Labour Party candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour has no regard for the leadership of the party and could allegedly be a disaster if given an opportunity to rule Lagos.
Salvador assured that APC will receive maximum votes from over 350,000 members of the Labour Party during the March 18th Elections.
Accepting their endorsement, Hamzat, who appealed to residents of the state to pardon their mistakes, assured that they would surely make amends and introduce policies that could address the peoples’ needs.
.The deputy governor also urged the youths to upgrade their skills to boost their capacity to contribute their quota to the socioeconomic development of the country.
According to him, it will not augur well to vote people into office based on emotions and the challenge before the nation and many others is the scarcity of resources.
SANUSI CONDOLES GOV. SANWO-OLU, MOURNS VICTIMS OF LAGOS TRAIN MISHAP
All Progressives Congress, House of Representatives Candidate, Prince Lanre Sanusi has condoled with the Executive Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the early morning train accident in Ikeja Area of Lagos State.
The House of Representative faithful who also mourned the victims, says act barbaric and was avoidable.
The frontline 2023 hopeful, commiserated with the families and friends of those, who died and critically injured in the mishap.
PLS said, “The train running between Lagos had become the only expectedly safe way to travel between Lagos. And now, this.”
He stated this in a condolence letter he signed on thursday night.
While condemning the dastardly act as palpable human errors, he called on the Federal Government to, as a matter of urgency, come up with measures to address these incidents.
Push News 24 International reports that no fewer than six people had died in the incident while several others were left injured and getting treatment at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
Reacting to the accident through a message by his media aide, PLS prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased.
According to him, ugly occurrences of this nature, do not portray Lagos State well among the comity of States.
The letter read in part, “My heart failed when I heard that story because I was wondering what would be the status-both emotional and physical, of the people inside that train and the staff bus.
“The train had become the only expectedly safe way to travel between Lagos. And now, this.
“… but this is a major one and it’s very disrupting. It’s very painful.
“First, my sympathy and my condolences go to the families of those who have lost their loved ones in such a painful incident.
I mourn these great Lagosians, who just lost their precious lives. These are people, who traveled and were almost at work.
“It could have been anybody-anybody’s brother, sister, son, or daughter. So, I’m very pained and wish such dastardly act won’t repeat in our dear State.
“I also pray for the quick recovery of those who were injured and are currently lying critically in the hospital.
“I don’t want to call this a wake-up call, because we have heard too many wake-up calls in this country. This is not a good story to be told about our ⁹country, Nigeria. The Minister of Transport needs to collaborate with the Lagos State Government in finding lasting solutions. Too many bad stories have been told about this country and they are unending, and this calls for urgent attention.
“This is condemnable. This is barbaric. I, therefore, call on the Federal Government in power to rise up to the occasion to defend and protect hapless Nigerian citizenry.”
QUALITY REPRESENTATION: AMUWO ODOFIN RESIDENTS DRUM-UP SUPPORT FOR OLAWESTERN
Numerous residents of Amuwo Odofin LGA, Constituency 1, have continued to drum-up support for the election Hon Ola Olaitan Folorunsho aka Olawestern who is the APC candidate for Lagos State House of Assembly, Amuwo Odofin Constituency 1.
Monitoring the street mood and social media commentary on the forth coming March 11th, 2023 gubernatorial and Assembly elections, most residents have expressed confidence in the representation of Olawestern as their preferred choice to the Lagos State House of Assembly.
Pa Pius Chukwu, a resident on 21 road, FESTAC, has said Nigeria needs leaders with capacity and character to manage change in the country. He also noted that while the youths were needed in leadership, they felt excluded from politics and governance and Olawestern fits the bridge between the old and young.
A resident of Mile 2 with the name @Skillyjoe stated that he was born in FESTAC 30 years ago and Olawestern has been a source of inspiration to him despite the fact that he has not met him one-on-one.
Another former CDA Exco, Alhaji Ani stressed that Olawestern has lived amongst the people and knows where it pinches, according to actogenarian ” Olawestern has no reason to fail, “we will vote him”
According to him, Olawestern has the capacity to draw the needed State attention to the infrastructural decay in Amuwo Odofin, ” he will develop and shape the future of Amuwo Odofin LGA”.
The CEO of Basic Stores, stressed that “Many young people are eager to make a change; they cannot change anything if they don’t understand and participate in the political and governance process. Olawestern will help involve more young people and direct their energies into some tangible contributions towards good governance and national development,”.
Chief (Mrs) Esther Kaseem, another resident said, “These are exciting times. In Nigeria and across Lagos State, we are experiencing rapid and relentless changes across every facet of our lives. Some of these changes are technological; others are economic and political. There is also a great deal of demographic and population change. All are happening at the same time. It is clear to anybody paying attention that the old equilibrium is unsettled, and the rules of the old order no longer apply. What is less clear is what happens next but I believe Olawestern is ready to give us that change”.
A key memebr of the ICG in Amuwo in his own submission said “Whatever happens, Amuwo Odofin desperately needs leaders with the capacity and character to manage change. The consequences of the changes happening in our world today will depend on how we respond, the decisions we make, and the ideas we choose to invest in. The quality of our decision-making in politics and governance will define the course of our country. Whether we achieve progress, prosperity, peace, and security for all our people depends entirely on the capacity and competence of our political leadership, we are campaigning for Hon Ola Folorunsho and by Gods grace he will represent us”
Elder Adeyanju, a grassroot politician pointed out that despite been in opposition the legitimacy of the democratic system of government derives from and is sustained by the quality of outcomes – social opportunity, economic prosperity, national security, the rule of law and protection of individual rights. “When democratic self-government falls short of these expectations, it frays the social consensus and public support necessary to sustain it,” – we need someone who understands this and who can deliver. he stated, adding that, “In many critical ways, our best expectations of democracy have not been met for various reasons in Amuwo Odofin.
Hon Hammed Mohammed, a Councillor in Amuwo Odofin LGA, speaking to Push News 24 International on Saturday, called on Amuwo Odofin residents to give the needed support to elect Olawestern as lawmaker towards achieving better representation.
In his words, “Olawestern will be bringing smiles to the faces of his constituents”.
Hammed described Olawestern as a worthy representative and promised to support the lawmaker to ensure good representation for the good people of Amuwo Odofin at all levels of government.